xXThe_FurryXx

Lea Savage

Post by xXThe_FurryXx » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:35 am

BYOND Name:xXThe_FurryXx

Reason Banned: Harassment.

Date of ban: 05/18

Admin who banned: erik

Length Banned: 2 weeks/perma

Appeal Reason: So as most of you know this ban was poorly investigated and no consideration to context was given before it was implemented. The situation that lead up to my ban was that I had a spit with smallpaws in ghost. Nydre called for a cease in communications and I dmed paws to berate her over how she had treated me. She turned to the admins saying I harassed her and I was promptly banned. This...came out of the blue for me. The context of the situation is that me and smallpaws were friends (or at least I thought so). I’ve had a spit and berated her in the past in a private server that she and I belong too (along with shadow and nj if you care to fact check).This happens on occasion; I’ve made it explicitly clear several times if this raw, harsh, and emotional honesty is too much then she /needs/ to tell me. I was always told it was fine, she’d forgive me, we’d move on. That night, I wasn’t harassing a staff member. I was venting and berating a friend in private as I've done a number of times before. Had it been anyone else, a random staff member, a random person, not a friend. Then I would never have bothered messaging them. When I received my final warning I took that to heart. I’ve been more chill, intent on not fighting. Nydre told me to stop and I listened to him. I have plans to ahelp instead of fighting things out to make things go more smoothly. I’ve demonstrably improved my behavior since I first joined chompers. This ban that, without taking the time to understand what actually happened, was applied; is a failure on the administrations side of things. There was no new lesson for me. To chill out? Listen to admins? Don’t fight with randoms? These things I’m already in the practice of applying. The mistake I made two weeks ago was yelling at someone in private that I thought was a friend. And it’s reasonable that I made that mistake considering the amount of times I’ve asked her if we’re cool.
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Lea Savage

Post by administrator » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Heya, Jon here. After coming back from my break and revisiting this still-open case which has been going on for over a month apparently. I'm shocked, as I've stated this appeal would've been denied, however. I had relooked at your case and had a look at this appeal.
So as most of you know this ban was poorly investigated and no consideration to context was given before it was implemented.
This is incorrect, I studied the logs of what the admins done on discord and investigated the case well, bringing up all the required information to make a judgement for if you broke a rule or not. The way they handled the case on the other hand is terrible, the way they executed this was the worst performance from the staff team I've ever seen.

The situation that lead up to my ban was that I had a spit with smallpaws in ghost. Nydre called for a cease in communications and I dmed paws to berate her over how she had treated me. She turned to the admins saying I harassed her and I was promptly banned. This...came out of the blue for me.
This is the reason you got banned as our rules specify to respect other players and Nadyr told you to stop, yet you moved to other servers to do the same thing, Nadyr wanted you to stop completely, this is where I could see a miscommunication here.

The context of the situation is that me and smallpaws were friends (or at least I thought so). I’ve had a spit and berated her in the past in a private server that she and I belong too (along with shadow and nj if you care to fact check).This happens on occasion; I’ve made it explicitly clear several times if this raw, harsh, and emotional honesty is too much then she /needs/ to tell me. I was always told it was fine, she’d forgive me, we’d move on. That night, I wasn’t harassing a staff member. I was venting and berating a friend in private as I've done a number of times before.
I can see where this is what makes communication important in the team, Sam shouldn't have come to the admins if it was resolved and this is where I can see more miscommunication happening. All I knew at that time while I was on break was "Sam was harrassed by Lea" and that's about it, nothing about Sam forgiving you or anything during it. I don't care if she was a staff member as I'm sure the others don't, it's just from their perspective, headmin told you to stop, you continued, they complained about it, you were on your final warning. That was the case we were given. You should still treat players with respect however, just because they're your friend doesn't give you a right to harrass them and such outside.inside of the game if that was the case. When an admin tells someone to stop it has meaning, either the player has asked for help or you have actually started to go over that border of breaking the rules.

When I received my final warning I took that to heart. I’ve been more chill, intent on not fighting. Nydre told me to stop and I listened to him. I have plans to ahelp instead of fighting things out to make things go more smoothly. I’ve demonstrably improved my behavior since I first joined chompers.
This is good, I'm happy that you took it to heart. I haven't been online much to see at the time if you were chill, however the fact that you acknowledge that that was the main issue which was being problematic at the time is good cause it shows that you're making an attempt. You still need to understand however that at the time it was your final warning, and the reason why we banned you is cause, well, we couldn't give someone another warning from the final warning, unless we started giving out final final warnings.

This ban that, without taking the time to understand what actually happened, was applied; is a failure on the administrations side of things. There was no new lesson for me. To chill out? Listen to admins? Don’t fight with randoms? These things I’m already in the practice of applying. The mistake I made two weeks ago was yelling at someone in private that I thought was a friend. And it’s reasonable that I made that mistake considering the amount of times I’ve asked her if we’re cool.
They took a long time to understand the case, there was however another miscommunication shown which gave the admins the wrong information. However, this isn't a failure just on our side but also on your side, you shunned a player on the server and got told to stop, yet continued elsewhere, that's what the admins took into consideration when applying the ban. You aren't fully wrong though, they took forever on the case and I have no idea why they spent so long on this.

After analysing this ban appeal, you're trying to say that all of this is our fault, when it's not exactly, there was a lot of factors which came into this when I was looking into the case which lead to this decision. You're so lucky that I'm not just looking at this appeal because you shown no signs of knowing what rule you broke. However I can understand this as the admins failed to give you a proper reason to what rule you broke on the day and there was a lot of miscommunication happening, I apologise on their behalf however I'm going to use this case to teach the staff members what they should do next time.

I'll approve your ban appeal, do not disrespect other players and continue to trying to be chill and such. You do have a bad rep with some players so they might avoid to roleplay with you, understand that some people might just not want to simply roleplay with ya, as this is a common thing when players get unbanned. If you continue to show that you're improving infront of the players more opportunities will open up eventually, and things will get better. Please understand that the next time you make an appeal understand the rules you broke beforehand, and if you cannot get those reasons specifically state that you don't know what rule you broke exactly to create this ban and such. That way an admin would re-look at the case to see what rule you broke in the list. I looked at it after looking at the messages admins have sent they never gave you the exact rule you broke which made them have to give you a ban. Which is the main reason to why I'm unbanning you.

[APPEAL APPROVED, BAN LIFTED]
- Jon